Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: atradius now involved  (Read 8407 times)

cocker92

• View Profile
atradius now involved
« on: October 18, 2015, 02:26:46 AM »
Good morning all. Im in need of some advice please. Over a year a go I helped a friend do a website for his small gym. Unfortunately one of the images has been picked up by getty and he has received 2 letters over the last 10 months telling  him to pay £580 for the image (screen shot was included in the letter). We ignored the letters,but on Friday he's received an email with an attachment from atradius collections stating they're working on getty behalf to collect the outstanding payment and if they don't receive it then legal action will be taken.

Can somebody please advise what our next step should be as this is now causing much stress

Simon

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: atradius now involved
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:59:05 AM »
the answers are all in the forums, you'll need to do the footwork yourself and decide how to proceed from there.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

nedmundo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »
I got the impression that Getty sell on the 'debt' to Attradius as when they phoned me up, the lady had no idea of any previous correspondance that had taken place.
My situation was different to yours in that I had a correspondance trail with Getty in that I had always replied promptly, including making a fair offer, all of which got ignored. So I told her that I was happy with my position and not be making any payment unless requested info etc was produced. That was 4 years agoand I haven't heard anything since.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »
Therein lies the issue, this is a "claim" that monies is owed...it's not a "debt"
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

abbeyvideo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
Good morning all. Im in need of some advice please. Over a year a go I helped a friend do a website for his small gym. Unfortunately one of the images has been picked up by getty and he has received 2 letters over the last 10 months telling  him to pay £580 for the image (screen shot was included in the letter). We ignored the letters,but on Friday he's received an email with an attachment from atradius collections stating they're working on getty behalf to collect the outstanding payment and if they don't receive it then legal action will be taken.

Can somebody please advise what our next step should be as this is now causing much stress

Simon
   Hi All  same here with Getty and atradius , going on over a year now atradius  got involved about 3 months ago , got to e mails and a call which i could not hear them as i was in a bad reception area, just wondering is there any one from Ireland here in the same boat thank you

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.