Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Atradius/Getty  (Read 11824 times)

philpotts99

• View Profile
Atradius/Getty
« on: March 10, 2016, 02:57:09 PM »
Dear All
If Getty knew how to act properly I would have happily settled as the clown/idiot/prat (delete as appropriate) who did our new website used an image he thought was free. It was up for a couple of days before we got the unbelievably poorly written and aggressive letter from Getty for £600. I responded saying if their offer of compensation was more reasonable given similar images were £20 we would settle.
I took issue with the over familiarity of subsequent correspondence which used first name terms then launched into pages of what would happen if we did not pay the money. No negotiation just threats.
I would have settled but took exception to their incredibly crass way of doing business which is offensive and baited them to take me to court.

I then receive a letter from Atradius who have even less idea of how to negotiate.

below is the initial exchange yet to hear any further as did not respond to their last email but am ready and waiting!!!

Their response to my email.

Should you have doubts as to the enforceability of our clients claim you should review the website of Simons Muirhead and Burton who confirm that they have successfully won 2 cases for Getty Images in the last 24 months. You can also review the case Getty Images V JA Coles.

The internet is not a free source of imagery. All images are protected by copyright from the moment of creation and do not need to be marked in anyway. It is your duty to make yourself fully aware of all laws and regulations before carrying out any business activity.

Whilst removal of an unauthorised image is necessary, it does not excuse the act of infringement and does not excuse you from the sum claimed by our client.

We strongly recommend you speak to an intellectual property solicitor.

The internet is not a free source of imagery. Very simply, if you do not have permission from the photographer or their representative that you can use an image you should not use it. If you cannot identify who the owner or their representatives are, you should not use it.

Regards,

Greg Bonser
Atradius Collections
3 Harbour Drive
Cardiff CF10 4WZ
United Kingdom
Tel. + 44  (0)  29 2082 4077
Fax.   + 44  (0) 29 2082 4508
Email: g.bonser.collect@atradius.com
----- Original Message -----
To: < COLLECTIONS.TEAM.COLLECT@ATRADIUS.COM >
Sent: < Sunday, February 28, 2016 02:56 PM >
Subject: < Fwd: Atradius Collections Nb. 1602260452 / GETTY IMAGES INTERNATIONAL >

My response to their threatening email

Dear to whomever as you do not have the good grace to put a name to your threatening letter

You are not going to intimidate us into paying money that we dispute that we owe.

We are not scared by threats of being taken to court and will look forward to defending our position vigourously should this happen

So 2 cases in 24 months!!! I am shaking in my boots.

Anyone got any views or similar experiences to share?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! :)

Try ringing the number to talk to Greg Bonser you will have hours of fun being put through to a different person each time claiming to be him.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:14:52 AM by Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi) »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Atradius/Getty
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 12:21:10 PM »
Unlike the threatening letters I received from a certain attorney's (who is now in the marijuana growing business) firm in Seattle, I see that at least Atradius can spell.  And what you shared does not mis-interpret prior legal cases and rulings to try to instill fear in the recipient.

I think you are certainly on the right track philpotts99.  Keep up the good fight.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »
Looks like not only is Greg Bonser an asshat, he's a crybaby as well...Grow some balls for christs sake!

http://copyright-trolls.com/site/copyright-troll-greg-bonser-atradius-collections-employee-cries-to-boss/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

geezer123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »
Clearly a case of this high powered claims collector familiarising himself with his facebook privacy settings.

This really is novice stuff. If they fall at that hurdle what sort of debt collectors are they?

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 04:55:35 PM »
Robert beat me to it but here is the FULL email with all the stupid email footers from this morning:

Dear Mr Chan

I am writing to make a formal complaint regarding a post on your forum and a request to remove this post. The link to this post is as follows:

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/uk-getty-images-letter-forum/atradiusgetty/

The reason for the complaint and request to remove is that it includes personal details of one of the collectors on my team:

·  Facebook profile link
·  Facebook profile picture of which the collectors 3 year old daughter is present

I have copied in our Legal Counsel and also informed our client of the complaint and request to remove the post.

At this juncture it is simple a request to remove the post and once our Legal Counsel returns from leave and we further discuss with our client we will contact you again.

I look forward to confirmation of the removal.

Best Regards

Dean Jones
Operations Manager I Collections
Atradius Collections
3 Harbour Drive, I Capital Waterside, Cardiff, CF10 4WZ I United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0)29 2082 4656 I Fax: +44 (0)29 2082 4508 I Mobile: +44 (0)77 6695 1557
E-mail: dean.jones@atradius.com:  I Website: www.atradius.co.uk:
logo_sig

Connect with Atradius on Twitter: @atradiusUK | YouTube: atradiusUK | LinkedIn: Atradius

The operating companies affiliated with Atradius N.V. (Atradius Group) conduct insurance, debt collection and information services business through their registered (branch) offices in many countries. For information about the main registration details of Atradius Group offices in your country please visit http://global.atradius.com/general-content/legal/legallist.html

Important Notice
This e-mail, including any and all attachments, is intended for the addressee or its representative only. It is confidential and may be under legal privilege. Any form of publication, reproduction, copying or disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted, unless expressly otherwise indicated in the e-mail by the Atradius contact person. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and its contents, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and all its attachments subsequently. Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and/or opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Atradius Group companies, either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. E-mail received by Atradius Group can be stored for business purposes

======================================================

This was my response to him from this morning:

Dean,

I have looked into your complaint on behalf of Greg Bonser who apparently cannot send emails himself.  There is no specific information that was posted except a public link to Greg Bonser's public Facebook page by an ELI Contributor. Might I suggest that you tell Greg Bonser to not place any content in public view he does not want shared on social media. Or he can simply hide his Facebook account and make private any content he does not want in the public eye. It is that simple. It seems foolish to me that Greg would intentionally expose his personal Facebook account in his line of work of threatening the legally unsophisticated.

To paraphrase Greg in his original email to his victim, it is HIS duty to make himself aware of HIS responsibilities as a Facebook user and how to use its privacy settings and hide whatever content he doesn't want to be seen in the public eye. How is it your job or my job to censor and protect the content of HIS publicly available Facebook page?

In any case, we are not in the practice of removing content posted by legitimate readers and contributors. In particular, Robert Krausankas is a member of the ELI Defense Team. He is a loyal, trusted ELI member and has violated no rules or laws by posting these publicly accessible social media links. I have copied Robert and he can decide whether he wants to delete or modify his post but I am not going to delete his post based on your complaint or removal request. In any case, Robert just might have something to say to you and Greg Bonser over your forum thread removal request. I have copied him on my reply to you.

By the context of Robert's comments, he is making the point of revealing the identity of Greg Bonser not so much about his child. She just happens to be in the shot. All he has to do is remove any photos he doesn't want the public to see or hide his Facebook account through privacy settings and the problem is solved. It's his job to patrol and guard his Facebook account, not our job train him to do so.

Matthew

Looks like not only is Greg Bonser an asshat, he's a crybaby as well...Grow some balls for christs sake!

http://copyright-trolls.com/site/copyright-troll-greg-bonser-atradius-collections-employee-cries-to-boss/
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 05:47:43 PM »
You're going to be in big trouble mister! You think you can just go ahead and post that email without retribution?! "Counsel" will not be happy and will likely jump on the next trans-atlantic flight to summons you to the high court of the queens land..

What a bunch of blumpkins.

Robert Krausankas

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »
They cannot blame me for something you posted.  In the U.S., we have Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act which states that every individual is only responsible for what they post, not what other people post.

My belief is their request has more to do with getting rid of the Atradius information posted here and this discussion thread altogether.

However, as supporters of the Streisand Effect and Section 230 CDA, we have to do our part to publicize and report these ridiculous takedown requests.

Who knows?  We may end up having to launch a dedicated Atradius forum because of the genius of Dean Jones, Greg Bonser, and Karl Foster. I wonder what other Atradius employers and lawyers want to be on the Atradius roll call list of people to avoid.

You're going to be in big trouble mister! You think you can just go ahead and post that email without retribution?! "Counsel" will not be happy and will likely jump on the next trans-atlantic flight to summons you to the high court of the queens land..
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »
It is pretty embarrassing. It makes them look like morons. As most people know, all Greg needs to do is privatize his FB account. Instead, they look like idiots with their so-called complaint.

Clearly a case of this high powered claims collector familiarising himself with his facebook privacy settings.

This really is novice stuff. If they fall at that hurdle what sort of debt collectors are they?

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.