Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Escalation to Astradius Letter  (Read 7775 times)

Getty Sucks

• View Profile
Escalation to Astradius Letter
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
Please see this thread http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/uk-getty-images-letter-forum/should-i-respond-my-email-draft/ to catch up with my situation.

Today I received the letter from Astradius asking for full payment within 5 days or the case will be escalated to a law firm.

So obviously I am now in the loop process.  Any tips from here?

nedmundo

• View Profile
Re: Escalation to Astradius Letter
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »
Ignore the 5 days anyway as taken from the dat eat the top of the letter, that was probably last week and wouldn't be deemed as a reasonable allowance of time to settle. What have you done thus far?

Couch_Potato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 06:48:17 AM »
Personally as a responsible adult I think you should recycle the letter. It's such a waste of paper it would be criminal to do anything else.

Getty Sucks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
Just had a voice mail left by Astradius now asking me to call back.

What to do? Ignore?

nedmundo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »
Keep everything in written format for starters. Write to them, explaining your position and state that no verbal communication will be entered into.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »
Agreed.  Talking to liars and cheats on the phone does nothing to further your case.  Keep things on the record and you don't have to play the he said she said game.  They likely wouldn't stick to anything they said anyway.

Getty Sucks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »
Agreed.  Talking to liars and cheats on the phone does nothing to further your case.  Keep things on the record and you don't have to play the he said she said game.  They likely wouldn't stick to anything they said anyway.

But the woman sounded so nice on the voicemail  ;D

So do I bother responding at all in writing?

Or just keep ignoring?

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
Some people like to respond to set up a paper trail in the unlikely event it should ever get to court.

Some people like to ignore so they are guessing and playing in the dark.

Choose which you will feel more comfortable with.  But if you choose to respond, do it only in writing with registered mail.  NO email.  It's too easy for them.  And they can claim they never got it.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.