Retired Forums > UK Getty Images Letter Forum

Getty Images Letter

<< < (2/2)

bigbill:
A client of mine had a similar letter showing all the directors names & Address, where the business traded, companies house information regarding their business and turnover etc.

I was concerned and the image in question was taken down. After reading a lot on these forums you need to remember that no matter what they say in the eyes of the law they have no legal way to pursue you for money.  Unless this has been ruled on by a court their claim is about the same as me bumping into you on the street and demanding £1000 or I will send a collection agency.

We chose to completely ignore the letters and will see what happens. This was around 4 months ago and we have missed their 'deadline' nothing else has arrived from them.

I actually did the same research to the company who sent us the letter, I found their directors, their trading names, where they were based and previous business ventures. to say they were dodgy is an understatement, using virtual offices, directors of multiple companies, had dealings in all sorts of hosting and IT type ventures and been removed from directorships before.

Until you have had a court hearing and a judge or similar official has awarded this company damages, ignore them. I imagine you will continue to receive threatening letters charging various amounts, if a collection company turns up just remain calm and ask for the official court ruling, then call the police if they will not leave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version