Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty images letter  (Read 5618 times)

Adam s

• View Profile
Getty images letter
« on: February 19, 2013, 02:56:21 PM »
Hi recieved a second letter from getty images asking for over £700 for the use of 1 images.
i ignored the first letter should i do the same with the second letter what do people think i should do?

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Getty images letter
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
Strongly suggest reading through the forums, the answers lie within....
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Adam s

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
Hi robert i have read a lot of posts on here just wasn't sure which direction to take.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:52:13 PM by Adam s »

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 03:21:38 PM »
Ultimately it will be your decision, I'm not in the UK and not versed in UK law..barely versed in US law either..the more you read and learn the better armed you will be tho..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

justme123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:08:55 AM »
Hi, I'm in the UK too & would advise ignoring them. You'll most likely get another letter in a few weeks but they will go away eventually. Just keep the documents for your reference.

Per Hoglund

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 06:59:20 AM »
First thing is to remove the image/images as I assume that you had no intention of using images that were copyright protected..?
Next thing is up to you but personally I have chosen not to ignore the letter. There are many ways to reply and I can't say which works best as I am right in this process myself.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.