Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Letter from collection agency  (Read 4828 times)

Cliff61

• View Profile
Letter from collection agency
« on: May 11, 2013, 02:42:12 AM »
I didn't reply to the e-mail mentioned previously and today (May 10th) I recieved a letter from a collection agency, Simons Muirhead & Burton. It says they are instructed by Getty in respect of a "possible" claim for copyright infringement. It says Getty has written previously and made me aware that I "may" be in breach of copyright by using pics they have exclusive rights to. It says there is a seperate form which details their offer for settlement, the amount is specific to the "apparent" infringement. Then goes on to say if I agree to their terms I should complete the form within 21 days confirming my acceptance.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Letter from collection agency
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:50:43 AM »
I didn't reply to the e-mail mentioned previously and today (May 10th) I recieved a letter from a collection agency, Simons Muirhead & Burton. It says they are instructed by Getty in respect of a "possible" claim for copyright infringement. It says Getty has written previously and made me aware that I "may" be in breach of copyright by using pics they have exclusive rights to. It says there is a seperate form which details their offer for settlement, the amount is specific to the "apparent" infringement. Then goes on to say if I agree to their terms I should complete the form within 21 days confirming my acceptance.

Actually Simons Muirhead & Burton is a law firm:

"We are a multi-disciplined law firm.  We have experienced teams led by highly rated and highly motivated partners in all our service areas.  We employ extremely talented and experienced individuals and maintain an exceptional team ethic."

pretty amusing statment on their website if I do say so myself...

http://www.smab.co.uk/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.