Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Lime One Ltd. Represents 300 U.K. Clients Against Getty Images  (Read 8680 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Lime One Ltd. Represents 300 U.K. Clients Against Getty Images
« on: January 12, 2009, 02:53:27 AM »
Lime One Ltd. Represents 300 U.K. Clients Against Getty

I was informed by a letter recipient that she is using Lime One, a U.K.-based Law firm, to represent her. The article "Is a picture really worth £1,000?" by The Guardian states that Lime One now represents over 300 clients against Getty Images and not none of those clients have ever been taken to court.

I have no direct relationship with Lime One Ltd. as I do with Attorney Oscar Michelen. And so I cannot comment as to the qualifications or the service of Lime One. However, this piece of information is something we have been seeking for our U.K. readers.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

mellow6

• View Profile
Re: Lime One Ltd. Represents 300 U.K. Clients Against Getty Images
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:53:55 PM »
Has anyone in UK had any recent dealings with Limeone?  What are the fees?

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 12:53:51 AM »
I never heard back from Lime One after reaching out to them twice to try and coordinate something with them

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »
Oscar is absolutely right. I was supposedly contacted by the CEO of Lime One. I returned the call, left a message, and even an email. There has been silence ever since.  Very strange.  I am guessing they like to engage in stealth publicity.

MatthewC
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

mellow6

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 07:52:19 AM »
This is what I mean! They just don't open their arms to help us. I don't even mind paying!

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 05:31:48 PM »
Its frustrating I agree, try to find an IP lawyer near you that provides a free consultation to let you know where you stand.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.