Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Need Help in the UK.  (Read 19676 times)

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: Need Help in the UK.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 01:43:21 AM »
Dear UK Lawyer

I would love if we could establish a UK style page on here where you could post comments on the UK situation.  Send me an email at xxx with your contact info and we can communicate by email further
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:55:26 PM by Matthew Chan »

UKLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 05:22:13 AM »
Done.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »
UK Lawyer,

I would say that if you are serious in establishing a working relationship, at some point, a conference call might be in order. Too many of the finer points get misunderstood resorting to only emails.

MatthewC
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »
Matt sent you an email about this we can talk about it next week

UKLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 08:11:09 AM »
Matt's email not received.  Conference call fine.

The Resolver

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 01:52:46 PM »
Hi

I'm a  retired UK lawyer,now acting as an online mediator (www.themediationroom.com) .

There is a lengthy thread on UK Business Forum  to which I have posted comment on the UK situation. I am pleased to find this Forum and would be happy to contribute to a UK thread here. Whilst the laws and procedures may differ there are similar issues of evidence to share.

I am holding a webinar on the 12th January for UK recipients of image library threats (whether from Getty, Corbis, Masterfile etc)- details on page 14 of the UKBF thread.

ian wylde

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 02:18:52 PM »
Hi,
I posted my situation earlier today.  I ask was there communication between the UK Lawyer and Mat & Oscar? Was anything set up that we in the Uk can look at?

Going back to my post earlier today I have drafted a letter to 'Simons Muirhead & Burton' who are the laywers/solicitors acting for Getty UK.  It would be great for someone of more knowledge to have a look at it for me, and give some suggestions.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »
That is good to know there are others such as yourself actively discussing and helping the UK situation. From the few pages I looked over, the discourse seems to be civil. But I want to warn everyone that the shenanigans I saw on the FSB Forums from 3-4 years ago will not be tolerated here on the ELI Forums. I don't typically censor or delete posts but if there is venom flying opposing our defense discussions, they can simply go elsewhere and spew it.

I will probably open up a UK Getty Forum soon. There seems to be more interest for a UK Getty Forum. The only issue is that we would have to put a disclaimer that ELI has no "official" position in UK matters. ELI as a defense group in the U.S. works on very similar principles and positions. We tend to influence and guide the discussions on U.S. issues.  It would be very different in the Getty UK Forum. Certainly, some of us would occasionally participate but it would not be likely any of us would consider ourselves experts.

Stay tuned for more announcements on the UK Forum.

I'm a  retired UK lawyer,now acting as an online mediator (www.themediationroom.com) .

There is a lengthy thread on UK Business Forum  to which I have posted comment on the UK situation. I am pleased to find this Forum and would be happy to contribute to a UK thread here. Whilst the laws and procedures may differ there are similar issues of evidence to share.

I am holding a webinar on the 12th January for UK recipients of image library threats (whether from Getty, Corbis, Masterfile etc)- details on page 14 of the UKBF thread.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
I have not yet spoke with anyone in the UK due to time constraints and the difficulty in scheduling (time zone differences). I may launch the UK Getty Forum before that happens and put out a disclaimer.

Nick is someone I have been in dialog with to help on the UK Getty Forum and so he is first in line for me to talk to.

That is the best we can do for now.

Hi,
I posted my situation earlier today.  I ask was there communication between the UK Lawyer and Mat & Oscar? Was anything set up that we in the Uk can look at?

Going back to my post earlier today I have drafted a letter to 'Simons Muirhead & Burton' who are the laywers/solicitors acting for Getty UK.  It would be great for someone of more knowledge to have a look at it for me, and give some suggestions.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.