Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: The biggest con of all - please read  (Read 4747 times)

rapidbi

• View Profile
The biggest con of all - please read
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:21:52 PM »
Ok its gets better
I have been sent a bill for use of a tiny thumbnail image (linked but no on my site) for £423, but the site that hosted a much larger version and was the original site to misuse the image only £267!

This is a total CON!

The image is worth one or the other - but not both! - exp as the larger resolution version was worth less!
In addition the original website got an almost identical image from a getty based site for $5!

I suspect they are setting the price based on what they believe each site will tolerate - this is not copyright protection - but extortion!

They have also ignored all requests for them to prove they have exclusive rights to the image

I have not informed them of this information yet, and am waiting for their next move!

Dynazzy

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The biggest con of all - please read
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:45:53 AM »
Have you removed the images from your sites? if so, when?

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.