Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Question on how an actual lawsuit works...  (Read 2140 times)

The-Gobbler

• View Profile
Question on how an actual lawsuit works...
« on: September 25, 2014, 07:48:42 PM »
Howdy.  Well, it's been 2 weeks since my last communication with my troll, I've take a lot of steps to protect myself, consulted an attorney etc...  Fingers crossed this will all pass, but I'm curious if anyone knows how an actual lawsuit would manifest.

ie, in California, if these guys actually decided to pursue a lawsuit do they just mail something to me declaring it? or do they have to physically send some guy to "serve" it.  If they do decide to take some kind of action, how long do these people putter around before doing so? ie, if another 2 weeks goes by can I let out my breath? a month?

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Question on how an actual lawsuit works...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »
you would need to be served in person, they have up to the 3 yr statute of limitations to do as they please, chances are good you will hear from Getty again, and they will escalate it to Seattle Attorney Timothy B.McCormack ( Note I use the term "attorney" very loosely, as he is more of a collection agent ), they may also send it to a collection agency, which is also discussed in great length on these forums.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.