Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Masterfile letter in the mail  (Read 2212 times)

createstuff

• View Profile
Masterfile letter in the mail
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »
I got an image from google images 4 years ago and stuck it in my very first blog post (2009).  I never got it from their website and I never made money off of it.  How do they estimate I owe over $4,000?  They never send a DMCA takedown notice first and I did remove the image.

Scam? Extortion scheme?  Should I respond or ignore the letter?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:13:32 AM by createstuff »

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Masterfile letter in the mail
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:41:13 AM »
4000.00 divided by 4 years of use...typical number, nope not a scam per se..they want your money, they are notr required to submit a DMCA takedown notice unless you have a "registered agent" which you probably don't...

ignore or repsond??? Get educated by reading the forums, Masterfile are a nasty bunch, and they have filed lawsuits, if after reading the forums you're still unsure of how to proceed you might consider an ELI support call, hiring Oscar to handle this for you, or posting questions that haven't already been addressed on the forum.. most questions have been addressed many times...just a matter of research.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.