Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: sure is quiet lately...  (Read 5283 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
sure is quiet lately...
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »
Either the trolls went away, or we're gonna get hit with another wave of letters, my money is on the latter...
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: sure is quiet lately...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
For anyone who might be curious, my attention has been temporarily turned away to a public Hollywood extortion case relating to the "Bachelor" TV series. I am running the PR campaign to stop the lawsuit. However, I am still doing ELI support calls for people who need help.

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/category/reality-steve-lawsuit-2/

I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 04:01:37 PM »
For anyone who might be curious, my attention has been temporarily turned away to a public Hollywood extortion case relating to the "Bachelor" TV series. I am running the PR campaign to stop the lawsuit. However, I am still doing ELI support calls for people who need help.

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/category/reality-steve-lawsuit-2/

and he's left ME in charge!! LOL

Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

Peeved

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »
That's a good likeness of you Budd.
 8)

Seriously Matt.....You are auditioning for the show aren't you?
 ;D ;D ;D

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:00:27 AM »
You caught me.  It will become even more obvious of my auditioning attempts when I do my videos.  And believe me I have a lot to say on the matter.

This whole thing has generated HUGE unprecedented numbers for the ELI website and many more people know about what we do BEFORE someone gets an extortion letter. Typically, people learn about us AFTER someone gets an extortion letter.

But despite the HUGE numbers, those folks don't come into the forums.  They might peek in but most don't understand what we do.  It's sort of funny. We have one website but two sets of people hanging out in two totally different online areas.

Poor buddhapi is having to pull double-duty jumping back and for between Hollywood extortion areas and the ELI Forums and we all know the spectacular pay I lavish on him. He just lets me keep pushing him around. I will never quite understand it. LOL.

Seriously Matt.....You are auditioning for the show aren't you?
 ;D ;D ;D
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:14:25 AM »
It's very simple Matt, I have my business, and no other life to speak of except ELI!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:27:53 PM by Matthew Chan »

Robert Krausankas

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
That picture looks like a "South Park" character!! lol.

Which reminds me.  "Copyright Trolling" would make a great a "South Park" episode.
Cartman could start a "Stock Imagery / Trolling" business (Getty), and Kyle's dad "Mr Broflovski" could play the part of McCormack (“extortion  letter” lawyer).  Token can play the "Process Server".

Buddhapi can be played by “Darryl Weathers” (the “they took our ‘jerbs” guy):
http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/characters/darryl-weathers

Matt can be played by the “City Wok Guy” who saves the day:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/characters/city-wok-guy

S.G.

Peeved

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tooooo funny!
 ;D

Buddhapi can be played by “Darryl Weathers” (the “they took our ‘jerbs” guy):
http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/characters/darryl-weathers

Matt can be played by the “City Wok Guy” who saves the day:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/characters/city-wok-guy

S.G.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:26:18 PM by Peeved »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 03:25:47 PM »
only problem I see it that Matt is Italian!  8)

Robert Krausankas

gettyvictim1billion

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »
Not that quiet. Just received a letter today from them. I paid a company back in 2004 for my website and I would have never have thought anything of any of the images they used as being copyrighted. I always thought the photos were super generic.

I took all of the pictures down as soon as I read the letter. They are asking me for 2500 for 3 images that I didnt even know I was using. LOL! I will rebuild my site and ignore them.

Not sure if I should respond. I dont think I should waste my time with them. Maybe I am wrong to ignore?

Peeved

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 02:09:37 AM »
Not that quiet. Just received a letter today from them. I paid a company back in 2004 for my website and I would have never have thought anything of any of the images they used as being copyrighted. I always thought the photos were super generic.

I took all of the pictures down as soon as I read the letter. They are asking me for 2500 for 3 images that I didnt even know I was using. LOL! I will rebuild my site and ignore them.

Not sure if I should respond. I dont think I should waste my time with them. Maybe I am wrong to ignore?

You will find lots of information here with regard to your situation as you are indeed not alone. Keep reading the forum and welcome.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.