Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Another copyright bot: 80 legs.  (Read 10994 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Another copyright bot: 80 legs.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 10:53:49 PM »
I agree with Moe SG, that is definitely not hijacking the thread this is the kind of stuff that people need to know about. I think I will continue to scour the old threads for this type of information that has previously been posted and I will start a new thread most likely over in the legal controversies forum and list everything in that one thread. Then if people want when they find something new they can post it in there as well or if I notice it I can crossposted.

And as far as the bot goes SG I agree, I read the article about it and that does look like a scary bot.

I'm kind of highjacking the thread here.
But here's one that creeps me out a bit:

Cyveillance?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyveillance
http://secpriv.com/who-is-cyveillance-and-why-should-you-care

S.G.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: Another copyright bot: 80 legs.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »
Good posts.

Since so much 'bot trolling is going on, it's time for a gentle reminder.
If you receive trolling-type emails from anybody, keep in mind that you do not have to respond.
Do some research prior to responding to anything that might be trolling/phishing.
Especially avoid giving any further contact info such as addresses, phone numbers, your workplace, etc.

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.