Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Second notice from Getty  (Read 3056 times)

Carole70

• View Profile
Second notice from Getty
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:25:06 PM »
 Hi everyone! my name is Carole, I'm from Canada and I received the first letter in november. When I read the letter I panic, you see I got a wordpress blog for over ten years now. I couldn't remember the two pictures they were claiming. The screen capture was so bad on the letter they sent me. So I wrote to them back (by email) claiming they were not mine and I never saw those pictures. A few hours later after trying to figure them out, I did remember one of the picture. It was a banner from Fine Art America. (An online art gallery). I used to post my art there and I choose one of their banners to advertise my gallery. It's an external link with an image on it. I found the second one after a few hours of searching. It was a quiz that I filled out on the internet and posted on my blog. The results of the quiz have an image as well, it was another external link. I sent them the urls of the pictures explaining that I don't have the images on my server and it is an external link to other websites. They sent me back an email telling me they refuse my proofs and I should contact an attorney. I also received another letter by mail this week, telling me that my case is not resolve and I have to pay .  What should I do next? Do you have any suggestion?

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Second notice from Getty
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:07:56 AM »
Welcome to the forums Carole. If the images were both linked as you stated then you have nothing to worry about.  Hotlinked images are not infringement see Perfect 10 v. Google and Perfect 10 v. Amazon.  I would tell them it is not infringement and cite the cases above and then let them know the following:

1) The next communication from them will result in the filing of complaints with the Washington State Attorney Generals office, the BBB, and the FTC.

2) The complaints will be filed with all agencies each time you are contacted by Getty

3) The  next communication received from them will result in the billing of all time thus far use in communicating with Getty Images.

I am compiling research on Getty's extortionistic practices and would greatly appreciate it if you could forward me a copy of Getty's letter(s) and email(s) along with your responses.  I will redact your personal information out of all information sent to me.  My email address is GregTroy@YeahWeDoThat.Biz.

Please keep us posted as to what happens.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Carole70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
Thank you so much for your time :) , I'll send you the emails and letters.  I'll keep you inform ;D   

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »
Thank you very much!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.