Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Template Monster and Getty - my story  (Read 13600 times)

marhevek

• View Profile
Re: Template Monster and Getty - my story
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 12:48:54 PM »
Good idea but TM can't be archived due to their roobots.txt http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.templatemonster.com but I still have that package and the password on our server.

Katerina

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »
Gettyvictim120,
My sincere congratulations to your victory!

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 11:47:56 PM »
Great and helpful story from gettyvictim120.

I know that one cannot record phone conversations and use them in court in most jurisdictions.
But, if gettyvictim120 had a copy of that conversation with Getty that was 'admissible", it's possible that he could have used that against them, I think.

If Getty admitted that he/she wasn't at fault (and he/she could prove that Getty said that), and they came after this person anyway, wouldn't that be a case of criminal fraud?
In addition, if they perpetuate a fraud by sending correspondence between states by mail, isn't that federal offense, with possible felony consequences?

At the very least, it would be great to get some police reports going, then post them online.

I can see why some of the principals involved in these schemes want to hide in the shadows.
They'll slip up eventually, and the people who made a "brand" for themselves in the industry could be on the other side of this.

S.G.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:01:15 AM by Matthew Chan »

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »
Look at a recent forum topic about a person "winning their two Getty cases."  They had a TM issue and Getty ended up refunding them their settlement amount as they have a global settlement in place with TM.  Maybe it will help guide you  in your case

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.