We consider the following websites friends and allies in our fight against copyright trolls. Each has taken on a different battlefront.
Our most powerful allies has been:
- Cuomo LLC: Oscar Michelen’s Law Firm
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF): Primary sponsor of the amicus brief in support of Matthew Chan submitted to the Georgia Supreme Court.
- Eugene Volokh: Founder of Volokh Conspiracy & UCLA Law professor. Eugene wrote an amicus brief for the EFF in support of Matthew Chan submitted to the Georgia Supreme Court. Personally flew from Los Angeles to Atlanta to co-present oral argument in Georgia Supreme Court.
- Aaron H. Caplan: Loyola Law School professor who co-sponsored amicus brief in support of Matthew Chan in Georgia Supreme Court.
- Ars Technica
- Courtroom Strategy: Oscar Michelen’s Legal Blog
P2P & BitTorrent Lawsuits Controversy
- Fight Copyright Trolls: A very good blog and informational resource to defend against P2P/BitTorrent lawsuits.
- Die Troll Die: Another good blog and informational resource to defend against P2P/BitTorrent lawsuits.
Other Websites We Like & Recommend
- Electronic Frontier Foundation: This awesome Internet advocacy group has been at the forefront in protecting Internet freedoms, liberties, and privacy on almost every front.
- Ars Technica: Great news coverage of copyright trolls and other technology issues.
- TechDirt: Great news coverage of copyright trolls and other technology issues.
- Plagiarism Today: Good blog on “reasonable” copyright protection. Written by Jonathon Bailey.
Special Friend and Advocate to ELI
April Brown: In a category of her own, Charity Auctioneer April Brown from Seattle has been a passionate, outspoken fighter of poem extortion letters. More recently, she has been an untiring, outspoken advocate and friend to all things ELI.