Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: a bit more exposure for ELi  (Read 4051 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
a bit more exposure for ELi
« on: November 17, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
We had our link added to http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com/,although the trolls they fight are of a different "species", the methods and business models are closely related.

"Thank you for visiting and bringing my attention to extortionletterinfo.com. I heard about Getty Images cases, but did not have a chance to look at the details yet. Although we fight with different troll species, they all have many common features and use similar methods: the core of their “business” is based on the abuse of the law and tactics borrowed from the mafia.

I’ll definitely stop by to say hello and read the discussions.

Unethical greedy lawyers and companies are better equipped, but we have a powerful weapon in our disposal: publicity. I believe that victories on out frontiers benefit everyone, thus spreading the word is essential. Keep up the good fight,

SJD

I linked your forums from my Resources page."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:11:01 PM by buddhapi »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: a bit more exposure for ELi
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:29:52 AM »
The trolls may appear to be better equipped.
But, I think if people stopped paying, the trolling for money would go away pretty quick.
99.9 percent of the infringements aren't worth going to court over... those who pursue trolling as their main revenue stream (both companies and lawyers) would go bankrupt.

S.G.

Peeved

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
It would be nice if it would "go away pretty quick" should people stop paying however, I do not think it will happen any time soon!

Just fyi, it's not just "stock" photos. I also ran across a graphic website owned by Jupiterimages a division of Getty Images.

http://www.animationfactory.com

I found it FUNNY while reading the site's "terms of service"

http://www.animationfactory.com/en/company/terms.html

Copyright Infringement Policy
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable laws, Jupiterimages has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Jupiterimages' sole discretion, account holders who infringe the intellectual property rights of Jupiterimages or any third party.

Copyright Complaints
If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Agent as set forth below:

Copyright Agent
Getty Images Legal Department
601 N. 34th Street
Seattle, Washington 98103
Phone: (206) 925-5000
Fax: (206) 925-5623
E-mail: copyright@gettyimages.com

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »
yes, well they wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a demand letter! To bad they didn't do this before the scented tree lawsuit came along...I feel for them..NOT

It would be nice if it would "go away pretty quick" should people stop paying however, I do not think it will happen any time soon!

Just fyi, it's not just "stock" photos. I also ran across a graphic website owned by Jupiterimages a division of Getty Images.

http://www.animationfactory.com

I found it FUNNY while reading the site's "terms of service"

http://www.animationfactory.com/en/company/terms.html

Copyright Infringement Policy
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable laws, Jupiterimages has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Jupiterimages' sole discretion, account holders who infringe the intellectual property rights of Jupiterimages or any third party.

Copyright Complaints
If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Agent as set forth below:

Copyright Agent
Getty Images Legal Department
601 N. 34th Street
Seattle, Washington 98103
Phone: (206) 925-5000
Fax: (206) 925-5623
E-mail: copyright@gettyimages.com

Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
I can guarantee that if people keep paying the, efforts of the copyright trolls will only expand.
However, if folks capitulate and pay when the don't have to, it's their loss.

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.