Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: an inside peek at picscout  (Read 5227 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
an inside peek at picscout
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:51:50 AM »

Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Khan

• View Profile
Re: an inside peek at picscout
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »
GI is not on the monitor (background) but Masterfile and others. Is GI becoming shy ?  :)

Khan

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 02:22:06 PM »
Getty probably wants to downplay the fact they own PicScout.
Everytime Masterfail uses PicScout for example, they're enriching their direct competitor Getty.

S.G.

scraggy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 02:26:21 PM »
Pretty innovative how the Israeli's came up with a scheme to make the goyim pay.  lol.

S.G. I don't understand your comments or your tasteless choice of image. Why did you choose an image of Anders Behring Breivik?? He killed 77 people in two sickening attacks in Norway last year! Have I missed something?

By the way, no need to take it personally! Israelis are also the victims of Picscout. The exact same lawyers here in Israel represent Marot Images ( Getty's local representative ) and Stockfood. It would seem that Picscout runs the show by connecting different stock companies around the world with the same local lawyers.

I'm not at all sure that Israelis came up with the whole extortion racket business. You give them too much credit. I'm not even sure that they had it in mind when they developed image identification software. Let's also be fair, if Picscout hadn't been the start-up that beat the rest, some other company would have developed the same software sooner or later. The software is not the cause of the problem! The spineless lawyers that abuse the software and the law are the problem.

Finally, don't forget that here in Israel ,we are the first to have launched a class action suit against Getty's local representative.
On the eve of Yom Kippur - the day of atonement ( which is tomorrow ) , I hope that goes some way to atoning for our sins!

Ian

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »
Hey Ian,

I removed the post.
Sorry for any offense.

S.G.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 03:24:21 PM »
Getty probably wants to downplay the fact they own PicScout.
Everytime Masterfail uses PicScout for example, they're enriching their direct competitor Getty.

S.G.

totally agree with that, however the video was shot in 2011, not sure if it was before Getty purchased picscout.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »
You're right... interestingly, it was uploaded to YouTube about two weeks before the purchase was announced.

S.G.

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »
Scraggy raises an interesting point. Are there any competitors out there for PicScout? There are companies out there that help find plagiarized content (Copyscape, for instance), but I don't think I've heard of other troll-specific image scrapers.

There are other very famous image scrapers out there like PicSearch, but they appear to only be interested in building image search engines. As far as I know they don't provide trolling services. Has anyone heard otherwise?
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 08:53:11 PM »
I mentioned in another thread I feel that Randy Taylor's "C-Register" seems to be based on Picscout's "ImageExchange" model.

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/copyright-troll-randy-g-taylor-from-copyright-defense-league-on-video/

I also mentioned that if he's storing the actual images in a database for his profit, then he's a huge infringer.

S.G.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.