Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: ExtortionLetterInfo.com Climbs into Internet Prominence  (Read 3751 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
ExtortionLetterInfo.com Climbs into Internet Prominence
« on: August 09, 2010, 06:24:31 AM »
Doing a casual search on the status of our website within the Google search engine today, I discovered some interesting results.

1.  If you do a Google search under "Getty Images", we are now on page 2 of the search results. This is especially significant because the only way our website could be found is if you typed in various permutations of "Getty Images Settlement/Demand/Extortion Letter."  We were always #1 or #2 as a niche topic website. However, this website is now likely to be "discovered" by the mainstream press or anyone else who is doing research on Getty Images within Google.

2.  Wikipedia now lists this website as a quoted source in the Getty Images article listing under the Copyright Enforcement section.  Being quoted in Wikipedia is HUGE especially since Oscar and I had nothing to do with it.  Someone out in the world of the Internet deemed our website as a reliable information source and quote/incorporated our information within the article.

As a side comment, I predicted before that as long as Getty Images continue their extortion letter rampage, this website would inevitably become mainstream in the realm of stock photography and specifically for anyone searching on "Getty Images".  This website does not represent a positive image for Getty Images public relations.

If you want to continue your support of this website and what we do (aside from the Paypal donations), tell people you know who have blogs, websites, and webpages to link to our website.  PLEASE DO NOT SPAM LINKS. We only want legitimate and credible links if it fits into the content of their article, webpage, or website.

Thanks for your ongoing support.

MatthewC
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: ExtortionLetterInfo.com Climbs into Internet Prominence
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:49:45 AM »
Great news Matt and great job!

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.