Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty Settlement Purposes Only Letter - 3rd Letter  (Read 22537 times)

bondnj

• View Profile
Re: Getty Settlement Purposes Only Letter - 3rd Letter
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
Well the Forum was right! Almost 2 months to the day I received my demand letter from McCormack. The latest wrinkle is he is asking for twice the original amount! The letter now also includes 3 examples of copyright infringement but still offers NOTHING addressing the solid ELI points about copyright registration, photographer correspondence etc. With your encouragement and Greg Troy's excellent footprint I'm moving to Defcon 1 by sending letters to the Washington AG, BBB, Consumer Protection and Seattle Chamber. Do I give Getty and McCormack the courtesy of being cc'd on these complaints?
After reading all of your stories and with your solid research and successes you would think that these Madoff characters would just move on but I suspect they don't because the majority of folks don't fight back. Well I am ready to move forward, any final comments before I launch?
Many thanks,
Tony

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
Way to go Tony!  You don't need to cc them as they will get a copy of the letter from the agencies you complain to. 

Also don’t forget with McCormack to send complaint letters to the Washington, Oregon and Idaho State Bar associations.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Washington State Bar Association
1325 Fourth Ave., Ste. 600
Seattle, WA 98101-2539

Office of Disciplinary Counsel
206-727-8207 | questions@wsba.org

--------------------------------------------------------
Idaho State Bar Association
PO Box 895
Boise, ID 83701

Phone: (208) 334-4500
Fax Numbers: (208) 334-4515 or (208) 334-2764

Idaho State Bar Association: http://www.isb.idaho.gov/
Contact Info: http://www.isb.idaho.gov/general/contactisb.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon State Bar Association
P.O. Box 231935
Tigard, OR 97281-1935

Oregon State Bar Association: http://www.osbar.org/
Contact Info: http://www.osbar.org/contact.html

Phone:
(503) 620-0222 or Inside Oregon: 1 (800) 452-8260
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the Forum was right! Almost 2 months to the day I received my demand letter from McCormack. The latest wrinkle is he is asking for twice the original amount! The letter now also includes 3 examples of copyright infringement but still offers NOTHING addressing the solid ELI points about copyright registration, photographer correspondence etc. With your encouragement and Greg Troy's excellent footprint I'm moving to Defcon 1 by sending letters to the Washington AG, BBB, Consumer Protection and Seattle Chamber. Do I give Getty and McCormack the courtesy of being cc'd on these complaints?
After reading all of your stories and with your solid research and successes you would think that these Madoff characters would just move on but I suspect they don't because the majority of folks don't fight back. Well I am ready to move forward, any final comments before I launch?
Many thanks,
Tony
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 06:32:34 AM »
Yeah the "fee" doubles so Seattle copyright troll Timothy B. McCormack can take his share which in turn helps pay the salary of the "Mistress of Misrepresentation" Ashanti Taylor, who claims be a paralegal..As Oscar has pointed out you notice from Timothy McCormacks bio, he doesn't have many clients except for Getty, it's his bread and butter, much like Linda Ellis only has one poem to her name, hence she sends out many letters, and sells cheesy Chinese made garden gnomes.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »
Tony, it's much better to let McCormack be surprised to learn from the bar associations that yet another letter outlining his outrageous behavior with this payment extraction scheme has been filed against him. He likes to surprise us with his letters, so turn about is certainly fair play.

For details about my experiences with copyright troll and collection agent Timothy B. McCormack and his paralegal "Mistress of Misrepresentation" Ashanti Taylor please read...

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/mccormack-office-is-in-potential-trouble-again-over-'last-chance'-letter/

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:20:31 AM by Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi) »

bondnj

• View Profile
Re: Getty Settlement Purposes Only Letter - McCormack - Defcon 1
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 03:03:59 PM »
Forum,
You have inspired me to write and fight! Thanks to all contributors but especially to Greg, BuddhaPi and Mulligan along of course with Oscar and Matt . In addition to the Bar associations I'm also thinking about separate letters to Michael Berens and Ken Armstrong 2012 Pulitzer winners at the Seattle Times for investigative reporting. The paper has a long history of good journalism and truth seeking and could in fact tell a larger story of just how the issue of photo copyright infringement really works and who the real winners and losers are. Shedding light on just how the McCormack/Getty relationship really works! Stay tuned.....

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
Forum,
You have inspired me to write and fight! Thanks to all contributors but especially to Greg, BuddhaPi and Mulligan along of course with Oscar and Matt . In addition to the Bar associations I'm also thinking about separate letters to Michael Berens and Ken Armstrong 2012 Pulitzer winners at the Seattle Times for investigative reporting. The paper has a long history of good journalism and truth seeking and could in fact tell a larger story of just how the issue of photo copyright infringement really works and who the real winners and losers are. Shedding light on just how the McCormack/Getty relationship really works! Stay tuned.....

Certainly a good idea with the newspaper, and a novel one, however I'd be willing to bet that that papers uses Getty images, and they won't go near it...just my 2 cents, but hell give it a shot!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 04:20:41 PM »
Excellent!  Please keep us posted as to what happens.

Forum,
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 04:42:08 PM »
Tony, great idea for the newspaper story. Let's see if there's any interest in serious investigative journalism at the Seattle Times. If they're not owned by Getty, they should give serious consideration to doing a series on the Getty/McCormack relationship and payment extraction scheme.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »
Tony, thanks for your post.  It has inspired me.

I was in the process of drafting my response to my second letter from McCormack legal, as well as several bar associations to which the McCormack attorney belongs, when I saw your post.  It reminded me that I should up the ante and also include the Washington AG, BBB, Consumer Protection and Seattle Chamber of Commerce.

What the heck, McCormack deserves all the recognition we can bestow upon them for their junk mail campaign.

If you generate any interest with the Seattle times, I would be happy to speak with them and throw some gasoline on that fire.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:07:58 AM by stinger »

bondnj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »
Stinger,
My letters go out this week and also include the 3 Bar associations for McCormack as I got all the addresses from the Forum. As for the Seattle Times they are a rarity of sort still owned by the Blethens family. Writing to their Pulitzer winners can't hurt and who knows may lead to something as I will convey the number of people being subjected to extortion. Happy as always for your support! Stay tuned....

bondnj

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 09:38:12 AM »
Are there any samples of what the core content of the Bar associations letters are?

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 10:20:55 AM »
I haven't posted any examples because people tend to copy letters.  They mean more if they have their own heart and soul.  My letters are written but have yet to be posted. 

The tone I am taking is something like, 'your association will be known, in part, by the reputations of it's members.  Do you want people thinking of you like these extortionists?  If you hang with thieves, you might be thought of as a thief.  Straighten them out or throw them out - it's in your best interest to do one or the other.'

I find it a tricky road because there are politics involved in associations.  I don't know what the prevailing politics are.  But I think that if the letters should fall to a neutral party, I want to give them enough to think about, that maybe they might take some action.

Hope that helps.  And I am all for additional ideas that I can incorporate in my letters.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:22:30 AM by stinger »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
Couldn't agree more with Stingers statement. We've actually seen replies from Getty images, stating, that the responce was clearly copied from ELI, doing research and drafting your own original letter, will go much further, and as stinger points out, one day somkeones letter might just be compelling enough to get a second look.

Robert Krausankas

bondnj

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »
Appreciate the advice! Seattle AG, BBB and Chamber letters went out today. Will spend more time with the Associations...onward!!

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 11:04:02 PM »
Great job!

Appreciate the advice! Seattle AG, BBB and Chamber letters went out today. Will spend more time with the Associations...onward!!

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.