Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: How to best search the copyright database  (Read 3096 times)

Johns

• View Profile
How to best search the copyright database
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:54:21 PM »
I wanted to know what is the best way to search the copyright database to determine if an image was copyrighted as a compilation?  The only information I have is the Mastefile Image Number and Artist name?

Katerina

• View Profile
Re: How to best search the copyright database
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »
Ask for a registration number from Masterfile. When we did this, they sent the registration document from Copyright Office. There will be a registration number. Check this number with copyright office - you will see if this is a compilation or a single image (which I doubt), also, pay attention if the artist is listed.

Johns

• View Profile
Re: How to best search the copyright database
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
Is there away to find out without having to contact Masterfile?   Should I assume if the artist is the same for all the images there is a good chance that all the images we're copyrighted as a compilation?

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.