Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: ELI LEGAL DEFENSE FUND - Goal this month $5,000  (Read 3591 times)

April Brown (AuctionApril)

• View Profile
    • AprilBrown.com
ELI LEGAL DEFENSE FUND - Goal this month $5,000
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
It is time for all of you to get serious about a legal defense fund. Most of you are aware that Matthew has been issued a Stalking Permanent Protective Order in a Georgia court. This shocking outcome is a testimony to the ignorance of the lower courts, older judges, small town prejudice and in my opinion a blatant assault on his and our freedom of speech.

I for one will not allow any one to silence my voice. Will you? I am making a contribution of $100 to the legal defense fund today. If you have any integrity, you will make a contribution and make sure Matthew has the resources to be vindicated.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:59:13 PM by Matthew Chan »

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: LEGAL DEFENSE FUND - Goal this month $5000
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:07:42 PM »
A Permanent Protective Order was issued by the court against me and we are looking to overturn the decision through an appeal. I am unable to get into specifics at this time until I find out more about the PPO. However, my ability to speak freely on my own website has been severely hampered.  A discussion forum we used to host has been entirely shut down as a direct result.  Can you imagine if this forum was entirely shut down and YOU couldn't post your questions and we couldn't answer them?

More information is forthcoming in the days to come. Come back to this thread. It will be stickied.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Canada Bob

• View Profile
Re: LEGAL DEFENSE FUND - Goal this month $5000
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:55:13 AM »
Even though my copyright extortion case is a thing of the past, I still keep up with the forums to see what's happening.  With regards to past events, I was also floored to hear how things went.  There is too much crap and injustice going on these days to stand idly by.  Contributing a few dollars is easy, what ELI and its team members, especially Matthew have to deal with, is the hard part.  I sent in a testimonial letter before, but now I have also decided to contributed as well and hope that others will do so to help Matthew and ELI do what is RIGHT.

Aussie Girl

Re: ELI LEGAL DEFENSE FUND - Goal this month $5,000
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:29:10 AM »
Matthew's support and knowledge is outstanding.  I have contributed as a thank you for all his dedication to this forum and ELI

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.