Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Letter scheme  (Read 13480 times)

BSM

• View Profile
Re: Letter scheme
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »
Oscar do not get bothered by this post sounds like a getty employee trying to stir things up. I've seen them post on other sites, its a lame attempt to try to make a site seem controversial when a getty name appears in the topic, but in the end a class action will put them in their well deserved place... Keep up the good work bud. And to the poster of the topic Oscar has done wonders for my business so far and yes I'm a real business.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »
Thanks for the support BSM. I am contacting the lawyer on the photographers class action lawsuit to discuss somehow working together with them.

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »
There are two types of people in the world: People who offer solutions and people who offer no solutions but are good at criticizing others' solutions. DJSek (David Kraham) belongs to the latter. David Kraham, please present your alternative solution before you earn the right to put down the efforts of Matthew and Oscar here. Put a price tag on it, make us an offer, and the rest of us shall assess whether we shall take you up on it. Judging from your post, you believe in free solutions. We trust then, that you can offer your solution to our Getty Problems for free.

Statik

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »
How about I take a stab at answering the questions asked, even though the answers can be found by reading the site:

how do you claim to help these people with letter?

Oscar is a lawyer and agrees to act as the lawyer for anyone who takes advantage of his $150 letter deal. He drafts a letter specific to that one case, not a form letter, that he sends to Getty on the behalf of the client. This has two big advantages. 1. It is a professionally written letter backed by Oscar's education and experience in law. 2. From that moment on, Getty MUST deal with Oscar, not with the client, removing much of the stress from the client.

you send form letter for $150 and then claim if getty pursues legally you will represent for $150 p/h

This is a stupendous deal! As Oscar has explained above, he is not making money on the $150 per letter, merely covering the costs of his employees. Obviously Oscar can volunteer his time, but he can not volunteer the time of his employees. Someone has to pay him. It is one thing to donate ones time to a cause, another to invest $150 of your own money for every letter.
I understand that to most people who make only double digits per hour or 5 figure salaries ( I am one ), this may seem like a large pricetag, but compare it to the going market value and you can see the extreme difference. Its like finding a brand new Mercedes, with a market value of $450,000 for sale for $150,000. Yes, $150,000 is expensive for a car compared to a $20,000 Dodge, but its not a Dodge, its a Mercedes that every other dealer sells for $450,000. This is the value of Oscar's offer.
In addition to that, Oscar answers so many questions on this forum for free. I have looked for legal advice online before and have never found a real lawyer who was willing to answer legal questions for free. One website had lawyers bidding to answer, and I could choose who I wanted to answer, but answers to even simple questions cost $30. Oscar is answering for free. Don't easily discount his contributions here.

If getty filed 100 of these at once how would you defend?

Oscar has answered this above, but lets also look at your claim that this is a reasonable question. Seeing as Getty has not yet filed one case on this issue (according to Oscar, I don't have the resources to verify this), the chances of them filing 100 cases at once, and having all of them reach the courts at the same time, is slim. Every court system is loaded at different levels and progresses at different speeds. As well, as Oscar has pointed out, he's not the only lawyer available, and the possiblity exists of getting others involved at the same rate. Since the situation has not arisen even once, it hasn't been necessary to set it up.

it sounds like you are taking advantage of people .

It only sounds like that if you are expecting them to help everyone for free. A workmen is worthy his wages. Oscar doesn't have to offer anything in the way of discount, yet he is. How is it taking advantage of people?

please explain your process

This is explained in Oscar's page, which is also the homepage of the site. Read the right-hand orange box.

I hope this answers your questions.

Rod Naugler

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 10:04:13 AM »
Rod - Thanks for the post and the support.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Thanks for the support!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »
Hi Rod,

Thanks for taking the time to publicly support us. It is very much appreciated.

MatthewC
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.