Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: LETTER SEND TRIGGER - IDEA  (Read 2679 times)

GoGetter

• View Profile
LETTER SEND TRIGGER - IDEA
« on: January 27, 2013, 04:41:27 PM »
After receiving my letter I decided to search for other examples of the referred image. I notice that a news channel website has a fully licensed original version on a story dated just a couple of days before my letter was sent. This make me think that in many instances a GETTY LETTER is probably send when Getty enters into a contract with a new subscriber. Since CNN want to know that they are getting some exclusivity on the image. So we can conclude that when CNN licenses an image it will be be cross ref's with PICSCOUT to see other incidences of the same. OR the CNN editorial team - MAY - at the time of licensing the image have done their OWN search for similar images and informed GETTY (do you think?) The possibility of this 2 events happening by chance are 2 slight. I won't help the fight though for those of us suffering at the hand of this extortion.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: LETTER SEND TRIGGER - IDEA
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:34:20 PM »
Sorry but i'm not buying into this "theory".. There may be some sort of rhyme or reason why picscouts visits servers when then do, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with CNN or when someone licenses an image..My guess is picscout scans IP blocks, but I can't confirm this. I've been watching for a pattern to emerge, but nothing has come to light thus far..Then again if the people running picscout are as disorganized as Getty, that would be very telling.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

GoGetter

• View Profile
Re: LETTER SEND TRIGGER - IDEA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:15 PM »
OK - but the timing was striking.. but I am not going to make an assumption. I did contact 1 of the other 500 or so people who I found also had the image on the sites (I just searched google images) and found them. I wrote to the guy and asked if he had the letter... he didn't, but after my mail he has taken down the image. If he had received the letter.. I could assume there was a trigger.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.