Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: March on Washington (State that is)  (Read 3299 times)

CowboyBill

March on Washington (State that is)
« on: January 20, 2009, 10:38:21 AM »
As a business owner, I have been consumed by the extortion letter, and now, I am ready to fight back.

Is anyone interested in meeting me in Seattle to march (legally) in front of Getty Images?   We need to fight back.  We can't let them do this to us.

I am an honest businessman, and I can't believe that a company would accuse me of stealing, threaten me, and try to extort money from me.

I really don't care what it costs; I just want to expose them for what they are and to hopefully put them out of business.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: March on Washington (State that is)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 10:24:32 PM »
If you really want to help, I believe the best way is to speak out on the Internet and lend your name to the cause.

I don't think standing in front of Getty will do anything.  It is far more damaging to combat them in other ways such as ongoing publicity on the Internet.  Information is power.  The more we learn about how they operate, the better you can defend yourself.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.