Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: MasterFile Letter Received Today  (Read 3547 times)

anotherMFvictim

MasterFile Letter Received Today
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:19:23 PM »
I just received my MasterFile letter today with $16,080.00 demand letter for what they claim is 4 separate pictures that appeared on our website.  I had someone do the site years ago I believe they were out of Canada and I have no way of tracking them down.  I have contacted 3 people just so try to get help removing the picture.  As of yet I can’t even figure that out.  On our site it is a single picture but they claim it is 4 of their pictures so I am not sure how that argument plays out.  Besides trying to get the picture removed, what direction should I take next?  I have no idea where the website company got the image/images that were merged into one.  I can't prove they got them legitimately or not.  How do I fight the multiple pictures problem even though they had them as one?  Do I respond, do I argue the $200 per picture argument and offer to settle?

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: MasterFile Letter Received Today
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »
Masterfile, unlike Getty, does register their images, so they would be entitled to statutory fees etc. As you can see from my recent post, a recent court decision limits them from asking for individual damages when they register it as a collection. I suggest you contact me to discuss what can be done to help you with Masterfile

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.