Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Question about using GettyImages on my blog  (Read 3124 times)

EarthLoves

Question about using GettyImages on my blog
« on: May 07, 2010, 04:41:34 AM »
Hi all,
I hope this is the right place to post this. I stumbled upon this site after reading an article on another site. I have a fashion blog that I write for fun. Often times, I mention celebrities and include photos from GettyImage's Editorial Section (with their watermark on it). Could I possibly be sued by GettyImages? Should I remove these images immediately?

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: Question about using GettyImages on my blog
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
Yes, take the images down. You cannot make this use of a copyrighted image without permission.  That you are not charging for your blog (or are doing it  for fun) is still not a defense to the infringement. Look around, there are sites that let you make some use of their images provided you give accreditation.    Getty is definitely not one of them.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.