Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: This Forum is on Indefinite Hiatus  (Read 16524 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
This Forum is on Indefinite Hiatus
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:25:26 AM »
Because I cannot be here to moderate the forums as much as I used to, I am forced to place this forum on hiatus (read-only mode). I am not sure how long the hiatus will last. It may be temporary or it may be permanent.  I simply cannot be here to respond to every question, comment, issue, complaint, criticism, or outlandish statement that is posted. I cannot catch every spam-bot that invades this forum with adware. Unfortunately, all discussion forums need a moderator/moderation team or it loses direction and goes off in weird, inexplicable directions. Or it gets overrun by spambots or trolls.

I have been doing a terrible job moderating lately simply because I have been absent for days and sometimes weeks at a time. I simply cannot be here to monitor, moderate, or participate. My closest and trusted ELI friends are also busy with their own lives and businesses to monitor, moderate, or participate. Given this, it is best to put this forum on hiatus.

Over the years, we have tried to help thousands of copyright extortion victims by encouraging information exchange, debate, unconventional ideas, and openly sharing our information and thoughts on these forums. Some of it was conventional wisdom, some of it was unconventional and unorthodox.  There seems to be a faction that believe that the only suggestions we should give out is "settle or go hire a lawyer".  If that was the case, there would be no need for a forum that contain thousands of messages discussing and debating the subject on different cases and people's situations. Last time I checked, lawyers charge hundreds of dollars per hour. Hence, for years ELI has been at the forefront of seeking out unconventional ideas, tactics, and strategies for the "little guy".

Copyright trolling and copyright extortion is still alive and well. The names and players have changed over the years but many of the underlying tactics are still the same. Unfortunately, most victims will have to learn how to fend for themselves or find alternative resources.  I still believe people need to get educated because there are few places to get "affordable help". Given this, I believe new victims are well-served by delving into the forum archives.

For now, every forum has either been "retired" or placed on indefinite hiatus. If anything changes, we will let you know here.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:42:27 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.