Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Download and create gun parts with a 3D printer?  (Read 3097 times)

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Download and create gun parts with a 3D printer?
« on: July 30, 2012, 12:09:33 AM »
Will we be able to "download" a gun" in the near future?

"An American gunsmith has become the first person to construct and shoot a pistol partly made out of plastic, 3D-printed parts. The creator, user HaveBlue from the AR-15 forum, has reportedly fired 200 rounds with his part-plastic pistol without any sign of wear and tear."

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/133514-the-worlds-first-3d-printed-gun

S.G.

meontheweb

• View Profile
Re: Download and create gun parts with a 3D printer?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »
Very interesting.  Perhaps I'm just a dolt, but I never would have thought of printing a gun on a 3D printer... my mind immediately went to printing stuff like organs for transplant, medical purposes, and things that would help humanity.  It is a scary thought that 3D printers could very well be used to build weapons - bypass the mfg'er entirely, no more gun smugglers - just buy a 3D printer, grab a schematic and print your own.  Scary.  Who needs a post-apocalyptic world?

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.