Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: New unbelievably brazen fraud: Internet Copyright Law Enforcement Agency  (Read 2413 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Before I start let me say that this group has been busted already. This was an amazing story not only in the brazenness of these crooks but it will be interesting to find out in the weeks to come how they were getting their information. This scam involved music downloads where people who had downloaded songs via bit torrent were identified by IP address and then a letter addressed to the IP owner was sent showing the downloads and demanding $495. This article can be found over at copyrighttrolls.com

Over the last couple of days, I started receiving disturbing reports about a new copyright extortion outfit, “Internet Copyright Law Enforcement Agency.” The con artists behind this “company” have been mass-sending demand letters threatening that those who won’t pay $495 by a certain date, “will be fingerprinted, photographed, and held in jail until you are arraigned in court.”

http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com/2013/02/21/new-unbelievably-brazen-fraud-internet-copyright-law-enforcement-agency/
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.