Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: got sued by getty  (Read 6780 times)

micro777

• View Profile
got sued by getty
« on: April 27, 2014, 07:39:31 AM »
hello

we have been sued by getty regarding and image that they claim to be their. since it is something relating to many years ago, in a test location of our site, we were not able neither to find it anymore, nor to understand if this was really there or not.
obviously they ask money saying that this image has been there for years (but it is really impossible). Anyway my question is: in other similar cases, which are the proofs they show to judge normally? because i cannot figure out how a screenshot taken from a pc can be a proof since it can be manipulated or changed.

thank you for any reply

Couch_Potato

• View Profile
Re: got sued by getty
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »
Have you actually been served court papers or just received a letter? Receiving a demand letter is not the same as being sued.

UKLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 04:51:28 AM »
Hi Micro777,

Tell Getty you cannot find any such page or image on your website and ask them to provide the URL [ie. web link] for the page where they say the image is found.

micro777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »
hello UKlawyer and than you for reply.
We got sued by a court. The letters from getty were not received by us but they say they have sent. Anyway they provided (through their lawyer) a screenshot with the url. This url corresponds to a private area where we do tests. Since it's 2 years ago we cannot say if this was or not, but we dont think to have ever used this image and in any case it was a private area. Instead they say that the image was there for 3 years, but this is not true. I guess that is only to have more money. My question is: the screenshot can be considered a proof by a court? it seems to me something very easy to manipulate. Also how can we proof how much time the exposure has been done?
thanks for answers

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.